What I'm hoping you can help with is:
- provide your overall impressions of the value and the usability
- let us know if there are things that would make it more valuable for you
- provide your thoughts on the importance of some of the things we've left off for now (are there any deal breakers and which features should be the first add-ons)
There will be four basic steps to conducting an outreach campaign in BuzzStream:
- Add your mail server settings in the Settings section
- Segment your contacts into an outreach list,
- Create an email template, which will serve as a starting point for each email you send
- Personalize each email and send
So let's use an example scenario to show you we're thinking it will work...suppose I'm working on behalf of a real estate website that's developed a widget. To promote this widget, one segment I'm going to reach out is a group I consider "high value, low hanging fruit." This group includes local real estate bloggers who:
- we've rated as "high influence
- have linked to us or written about us in the past, and
- we've had conversations with them in the past
My strategy is to send an initial email to everyone in the list and then follow up three days later.
Step 1: Filter my contacts to get a list of all people who fit in this segment
I'll also create a filter for the follow-up email...i.e., "show me everyone in the original group who's contact was modified three days ago."
Step 2: Select the contacts and apply an email template to the segment
In this case, we need to create a new template:
Once I've completed it, I'll click "Save and Continue" to start personalizing my emails.
Step 3: Personalize emails and send them
All of my information about the contact is on the left-hand side (hover over any notes, articles, links, etc to see all of the info). On the same screen, I have the ability to personalize each email (so no need to click back and forth)...just edit my email, click "Send and go to next contact," and I'm taken through my list contacts.
So that's the plan for v1...we're trying to keep the first release simple, and build on top of it based on your feedback. Things that are missing from this release that we hope to add in the near future:
- campaign tracking support, so you know: who opened your emails, who clicked on links, etc.
- A rich text editor and support for html emails, so you can format your emails (bullets, bold-faced,underlining, etc)
- Ability to add attachments
So I'd love to hear your thoughts:
- On a scale of 1 to 5, how valuable is this (1 is "not valuable at all" and 5 is "extremely valuable")
- What do you like? What would you like to see changed?
- What, if anything, should be added to this first? What's missing?