Community employees can organize their workflow using Management View.
In a dynamic and active community, it can be difficult to keep track of all the areas where employee participation would be helpful. All users marked as Employees, Official Reps or Admins can utilize the Management View, where topics can be searched, sorted and filtered by a number of variables, including topic status (on paid plans), topic type, date range and other variables.
Using Management View
Go to the Management View by clicking the “Management View” link in the grey Community tools bar at the top of the page. On the Management View page, you can do the following:
- Search for topics by keyword
- Search for topics by user participation
- Limit the topic list to a date range
- View topics based on the whether they’ve received an employee response since the last user response or no response at all – or both, identified by the “Needs Attention” filter and bolded text.
- Sort topics by number of replies or Me Too votes by toggling the blue links at the top of the grid.
- Sort topics by creation date or last activity date by toggling the blue links at the top of the grid.
- Sort topics by topic type, topic status, emotion, product association, and Private Tag (Enterprise plans) by using the drop downs on the left hand side of the page. Click “Apply” when you are done.
- Change the topic type and status by clicking on the drop down arrows within the Management View grid.
- Take bulk moderation actions, including: closing, archiving, merging or removing topics, by checking the box to the far left of the topics that you want to take moderation actions on. Once your topics are selected, click the appropriate moderation tool at the bottom of the grid.
- Export an excel file of your current view by clicking the “Send me an Excel file” link at the bottom of the grid. You should receive an email containing the excel file within 5 minutes of clicking the link. Note: The Excel file exports only contain the topic title and URL, along with other relevant meta data. Topic details and customer responses are not included in the management view exports.
From this view, Enterprise customers are also able to add and filter by Private Tags, as well as see the email addresses of users who have opted in to sharing the email address with their company.
Topic statuses in Management View appear a little differently than they do in the customer-facing portion of the application, as they refer to the overall state of the topic (e.g: an active state, a completed state). Here is what the topic statuses in Management View map to on the customer-facing topic page:
Question: No Status
Problem: No Status
Idea: No Status
Idea: Under Consideration
Problem: In Progress
Question: Doesn’t need an answer
Problem: Not a problem
Idea: Not Planned