Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Mini chlorinating tablets

When tested in my tub it is coming up as a high concentration of Bromine. My daughter is allergic to bromine which is why I switched to this. On the packaging it says 90% chlorine. What is the other 10%?
1 person has
this question
+1
Reply
  • Mike Drummond (Dealer Development Manager) August 08, 2017 13:49
    Hi there. Thanks for your question. Its a great one too.

    The chlorine mini tablets are a from of chlorine called Trichloro-s-triazinetrione. The available chlorine is 90%, the rest is stabilizer and compounds that allow the tablet to function properly. There is NO bromine in chlorine tablets.

    The reason you are seeing bromine on a test strip or test kit is that the same test that measures chlorine will also measure bromine.

    I would suggest that you take a sample of your water to your closest Dazzle retailer and ask them to do a water test. I would bring your test strips/test kit with you and let them to show you how to test the chlorine or to get you a test kit that measures chlorine instead of bromine.

    I hope this helps. Let us know how we can help further.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

    e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated