I have found a big advantage with my top dentures. Instead of adhesive all over the place in the top denture i just put a little up in front and what a different feeling. What I was always tryiing to do is put paste everywhere in it and what happened was the weird feeling i had with the top of the dentures rubbing the top of my mouth... Always felt bad... Now its a little squirt inside near the two front teeth and it feels 100 times better... I know im the new guy...lol but a big difference..
If you can get away with using less adhesive, that's great! Less is always better. For others that need to use more, here are the instructions for using the Fixodent cream denture adhesive:
- Clean your dentures and dry them thoroughly before applying Fixodent.
- Apply the product in a continuous line around the inside edge of the rim on top of the dentures. Also apply down the middle of the dentures for best hold.
- For partial dentures, apply a line down the middle of the plate.
- Put the dentures in your mouth and firmly press them into place. Hold the dentures there for a few
- Do not apply too close to denture edges.
- If product oozes off dentures in your mouth, you are using too much.
- Do not use more product than shown in the diagram on the box.
- Do not use the product more than once a day. With proper use a 2.4oz tube should last at least 7 to 8 weeks. A 1.4oz tube should last at least 4 to 5 weeks.
- Consult your dentist regularly to make sure your dentures fit properly. Poorly fitting dentures may damage your health.
- Keep the nozzle and cap of the product dry to prevent it from clogging.
Finally realized that the dentures will hurt a little bit until you just wear them. I have been putting them on while watching tv and noticed they hurt and feel like making you choke. While I was upset that my gums hurt I kept them in and kept my mouth shut so I didn't choke. It took about three days for the pain to go away I am getting used to them. They also stay where they belong. I used some fixident powder and they are finally in for the day. I think they will finally work now.