"[Waiting for synthesis results]", but there's already data?

  • 2
  • Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Why are all the recent labs marked like this? This is particuarly an issue for me, because in doing an API query, the sublabs don't show up in past_labs.
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Jennifer Pearl

Jennifer Pearl

  • 197 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Can someone address this please?????
Photo of nando

nando, Player Developer

  • 388 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
It took me some time to find out where this stuff was managed. Then, John promptly pushed this morning a patch of mine that would allow admins to manipulate these trackers more easily. From my perspective, the problem is fixed and the database should be up-to-date. Can you guys check if you're now getting the data you're expecting? Thanks
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
I'm pulling a bunch of data (sequence, score, title, designer, etc.) for synthesized designs of switch cloud lab puzzles. It's for Jennifer's project.
Photo of rhiju

rhiju, Researcher

  • 403 Posts
  • 122 Reply Likes
Checking on this now. When you click on "Sort by 'puzzle post date'", things do look OK.
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 107 Reply Likes
Yep, that's correct. Odd that sorting by date should make a difference, especially being that the default should already be date. And in fact, sorting by date in the query type of past_labs does NOT reveal the missing labs.
Photo of salish99

salish99

  • 295 Posts
  • 58 Reply Likes
Still says "waiting for synth results" for me
(Edited)
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Quick adjustment to the first post I made. I said "the sublabs don't show up in past_labs", however it actually does not bring up sublabs, it brings up labs/projects. This makes me wonder. What's the difference between past_labs and past_projects? Is past_labs supposed to show sublabs, and doesn't work right, or is it an old version (or a cached version) that shouldn't be used?
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Actually, forger this. The API is messed up in such a large number of ways it requires other posts to appropriately address them.

This issue has been fixed, the other issues are completely unrelated.
Photo of Jennifer Pearl

Jennifer Pearl

  • 197 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Does that mean your script will work now?
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Erm, maybe? I'm still looking through a rather significant mess.
Photo of Jennifer Pearl

Jennifer Pearl

  • 197 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Ok. I'll get out of you hair then. Wish you luck and thanks for your help with this. I'll just wait for an update from you.
Photo of LFP6

LFP6, Player Developer

  • 598 Posts
  • 108 Reply Likes
Photo of nando

nando, Player Developer

  • 388 Posts
  • 71 Reply Likes
I reviewed the code about fetching the past projects. Someone decided at some point that the default view should be sorted in a quite tortuous way, taking into account numerous properties of the projects, which unfortunately weren't properly updated in a very long time for many of them. When using a sort by "date", this 'problem' is kinda bypassed, as it lists all projects (missing none) by their IDs (which makes the list naturally chronological)

John and I need to find some time to tackle this thing, which will require either a change of display for the default view, or manually filling up the holes in the data for the past two years.
Photo of jnicol

jnicol, Player developer

  • 57 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
I updated the projects to properly display the Results Posted status for all projects that have synthesis results. Let me know if you see any issues.