How can I stop Fido marketers (1-877-622-2662) from calling me incessantly?

  • Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
I keep getting calls from 1-877-622-2662. From what I read, this is a firm contracted by Fido to collect customer satisfaction data and pitch new services to existing customers. The first few times they called, I was unavailable, but their incessant attempts have just frustrated me and I've developed a habit of rejecting their calls out of principle.

I would like to not receive such calls anymore. Who can I talk to (or what list must I sign up to) to get these calls to stop?

Thanks!
Photo of SimonS

Simon

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • cautiously hopeful.

Posted 5 years ago

  • 12
Photo of Marie-Josee Vachon

Marie-Josee Vachon

  • 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Simon,

I'm MJ from the Fido online help team.

Saw your post and I'd like to help.
Is there a way for me to reach you by e-mail?

Please let me know...

Have a good evening,

MJ
@fidomobile
Photo of coupii

coupii

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
MJ, I have called Fido and no one can help me with this. I want this company to stop calling my business line as well and I am no longer a Fido customer. Fido tells me I cannot be put on the DO NOT CALL list unless I am a Fido customer but it is Fido who has contracted this company to call me over 4x every, single, day. I need it to stop. This is unacceptable and a disgraceful practice from one of Fido's partners.
Photo of MélanieM

Mélanie

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello!

I'm having those calls too, like, couple of times a day for the past month...
Photo of coupii

coupii

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My solution has been to jailbreak my iPhone and use "iBlacklist" to block their calls. I also called customer service and they have a form to fill out on their end to relay being on the do not call list for Fido, except it takes over 30 days to supposedly work. This disgusting business practice has pissed me off enough to never want to be a Fido customer again. I'm well and truly done with them. This country is ridiculous in the fact that there are only 3 telecom providers, each masquerading as 3 different companies. I will, under no circumstances, be a client of Rogers, Fido, or Chatr (all acting as the same company). This country can just go f*c* itself, along with the jack-knobs that invented these disgraceful policies and put them into action.
Photo of Marie-Josee Vachon

Marie-Josee Vachon

  • 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello Simon,

I've sent you an e-mail...once you've received it please reply so I know I've got the correct e-mail address.

Thanks!

MJ
@fidomobile
Photo of Cynthia Shi

Cynthia Shi

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What is your email address? I need help to block that 1(877)622-2662, too.
Cynthia
Photo of SimonS

Simon

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I got a call today confirming that I have been removed from all internal and external telemarketing lists.

Thank you for your help MJ, and whoever else participated in fixing my problem. It's much appreciated.

Simon
Photo of Cynthia Shi

Cynthia Shi

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Good to know!
Photo of Marie-Josee Vachon

Marie-Josee Vachon

  • 43 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello Simon,

Glad I could help!

If you ever need help with anything in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Have a good evening!

MJ
@fidomobile
Photo of Kristina GrinshpoonKG

Kristina Grinshpoon

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey! I have the same problem. Could you please help me out?
Photo of Steve BowerSB

Steve Bower

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I manage a large call centre (100% inbound) so I know firsthand what it means to respect a person's privacy. Today I had enough and e-mailed Equinox's President, Tom Taylor (ttaylor@canadadirect.ca) and the Director of Operations, Pascal Baillargeon-Rondeau (brondeaup@equinoxtm.com). Below you can see the e-mail I sent to these assholes and Pascal's reply. If I receive one more call from these guys I will launch an official complaint with the Quebec government.

Hi Mr Xxxxxxxx,

Your phone number has been added to our do not call list today.

Regards,

Pascal B. Rondeau
Directeur Général / General Manager
brondeaup@equinoxtm.com
Tel: (514) 636-2229 Ext:3247
cell: (514) 571-3666
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hey Paul,

As one call centre industry professional to another take me off your Fido call list. Today alone your people tried calling me 4 times (twice while I was in a meeting)!!! If you do a quick Internet search you will see your persistence is pissing a lot of people off. I would think you would know better.

My Fido cell number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

Regards,
Xxxx Xxxxxxxx
Call Centre Manager
Xxx Xxxxxx Corporation (Canada)
33 Xxxx Road
Toronto, Ontario XXX XXX

Tel: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Cell: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Fax: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
E-mail: xxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx
Photo of Annie ChevrierAC

Annie Chevrier

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'd like to have more information on how to stop having these calls too. Thanks
Photo of eslyouthE

eslyouth

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have contacted Fido's customer service and told the phone agent twice about stopping these annoying class and yet I still seem to receive these calls up to 4 times daily. It's nice to know that Fido really cares about annoying its existing customers.
Photo of 0070

007

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
They don't call me anymore. This is how you do. When they call again, do not pick up, and do not hang up neither, just let your phone ring, act as if like your number not in use anymore. At this point forward, they will try hard to call you more. but don't give up, just do not pickup, and most important do not hang up, about weeks later, they will stop calling anymore. Because you are wasting their effort for calling a number that "not in use".
Photo of benjdenB

benjden

  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Contact Consumer Affairs in your province.
Photo of benjdenB

benjden

  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Contact the Marketing Association of Canada at http://www.the-cma.org/?WCE=C=32|K=s2... for removal.
Photo of coupii

coupii

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Fido is 100% permitted to make their marketing company in Quebec call you and they do this even if you are NOT on the "DO NOT CALL" list. Why? Because the DO NOT CALL list legislation allows any company that has conducted business with whoever is on the DO NOT CALL list to still be contacted by telemarketers of the business they have had past communications with for a period of UP TO 18 MONTHS. So, don't tell people here that the DO NOT CALL list is going to fix this. Fido themselves on the phone told me that it won't.
Photo of coupii

coupii

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've had to blacklist them with an app on my iPhone, and I can view the call history of all the attempts this god damn telemarketing company Fido pays keeps making:

October 26, 2011 @ 3:05:19 pm
October 27, 2011 @ 12:34:28 pm
October 27, 2011 @ 3:33:23 pm
October 28, 2011 @ 11:11:35 am -- ON A FRIDAY AT THE END OF THE WEEK!
October 28, 2011 @ 1:04:12 pm
October 28, 2011 @ 3:07:19 pm
October 28, 2011 @ 5:05:25 pm
October 29, 2011 @ 2:57:09 pm -- ON A SATURDAY!!!
October 31, 2011 @ 11:49:31 am

This is without me ever picking up the phone. This is with my voicemail occasionally answering their call while the phone app ignores it incoming, but tracks the history.

I am on the DO NOT CALL list. I have contacted Fido over 3 weeks ago and they have supposedly put me on THEIR OWN DO NOT CALL list.

I don't understand how this is even legal. It's beyond unsolicited. This is now harassment. Fido needs to respond to me immediately through this bulletin board or I'll be sending a letter to the Attorney General to have this company and Fido investigated for violating federal legislation. As much of a joke as this country is, I have gotten results doing this to BMO bank when they failed to comply with garnishment on one of their client accounts after a court order was served on them. I have absolutely had it with this company. Fido can go F*CK itself if it ever wants my business again. Rogers, Fido, and ChatR. They all need to sort this sort of b.s. out or I will boycott them for the rest of my life and encourage everyone else I know to do the same as well.

REMOVE MY NUMBER FROM YOUR GOD DAMN LIST ALREADY!
Photo of benjdenB

benjden

  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
When I had the problem of incessant calling and messaging, I contacted upper management at Rogers, suggesting I would sue for gross negligence and invasion of privacy. Recently, I received an SMS on my phone and now use a blocking service which works very well, but would probably not work on your iPhone, as I use an Android.
Photo of SimonS

Simon

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
There seems to be a resurgence of activity in this thread.

Just an update to all: since MJ helped me about a year ago, I haven't had a single call regarding my service. From anyone. So I've been a happy camper.

I hope you all get to the point where I am now.
Photo of hab.ansariH

hab.ansari

  • 1 Post
  • 2 Reply Likes
Its very simple. Call back the number, wait until she speaks in English and remove your phone number by pressing 1,

Hope it helps.
Photo of Cynthia Shi

Cynthia Shi

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your information!
Photo of erb

erb

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yup, the calls are annoying, but this took me all of 20 seconds and no calls since.
Photo of Irma SchuurIS

Irma Schuur

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Tried this a month or so ago and it has started up again. I'm an ex Fido customer and I'm sick of this harassment . They call 4 to 5 times a day now and I will never ever be a fido customer again because of this experience and I'll be sharing this with friends, clients and anybody else thinking about switching providers to avoid them like the plague
Photo of svbS

svb

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Best answer. Thank you.
Photo of awA

aw

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you are a Fido customer as I am, they have a right to annoy the hell out of you. Curiously, they somehow see this as a positive marketing strategy. As it appears that some Fido reps are seeing this, perhaps pass this message to your upper management,...if your customers are paying their bills...then they are satisfied. There's no need to PESTER us.

My solution to telemarketers, in general, since they are now calling my cel, is to without having to jailbreak my iPhone, have installed a silent ringtone and add a growing list of unsolicited numbers to a single telemarketing address book entry. Future repeated calls are no longer heard and barely noted and they are simply wasting their time. Hopefully the message will get through and they will stop trying to reach me.

Another hint, Fido, keep calling your customers and your customers will return the favour...TO CANCEL THEIR ACCOUNTS
Photo of KarlK

Karl

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I got a call originating from this number, every day for ten days, but ONLY WHILE I WAS ROAMING in the US. If I had picked up, guess who would have paid the roaming charges?

Did a mid-level manager at Fido think they found a way to improve revenue? I say mid, because I doubt any senior person, who'd know that this would be FRAUD, would be so stupid.
Photo of Jordan Nielson

Jordan Nielson

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've probably received a call from this number about 30 times now. It is REALLY annoying. A couple of times I answered, but it was just silent so I hung up. Normally I ignore or reject the call. I wish it would stop though! And to find out Fido is actually behind this spamming really makes them look bad.
Photo of Vladimir FuentesVF

Vladimir Fuentes

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Here is my solution:
- Save the phone number to your contacts
- Buy the iPhone Silent ringtone for $1.29
- Assign the ringtone to this contact. Make sure you disable Vibration too.

Now whenever they call I don't even notice it. Yes they show on the lost calls list but I just ignore it. It cost me $1.29 to get rid of the annoyance!
Photo of awA

aw

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I second that solution. If you google "silent ringtone", you should be able to find a free download. That's what I did. I have an address book entry called TM with now approx 30 numbers. When they repeat call, you'll hardly notice unless you happen to be looking at the phone or using it.
The first time an unknown caller calls, you'll have to check and see if others on the internet have flagged them as telemarketers, and if so, simply add that number to your one TM address book contact, and let that list of numbers grow.
Easy peasy.
Photo of Smithe Sam LSS

Smithe Sam L

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
13.09.11 1627 PST call from 1-877-622-2662. Did not pick up phone not recognized number.. just dropped a note here that calls are continuing.
Photo of An Angry CustomerAA

An Angry Customer

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I Have received a phone call everyday from this number for the last two weeks. I Have called back the number to have my number removed. If this does not work I am going to file a harassment suit.
Photo of Angry Ex CustomerAE

Angry Ex Customer

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am also having this problem. The fact that I am a Fido ex-customer for over 18 months and registered to the Do Not Call list, and having this problem is wrong. Does anyone know if it is possible to contact the CRTC to impose fines for such a disgraceful practice?

If Fido was looking to damage customer relations, then I applaud them for finding such an effective means.
Photo of tektravelerT

tektraveler

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This has got to be a fantastic racket for Fido! Sell a customer's info to a marketing company. The company calls customer's Fido cell phone. Customer uses airtime to answer call and/or call back. Fido bills customer for used airtime. Wonderful. Win win for Fido who obviously does care about their customers privacy.

I called the number and followed the prompts for removal. Fingers crossed. I am sure Fido will make sure I am billed for the 90 second phone call.