.flv now publishes.... but I get nothing in the published document!

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Okay, I installed the .exe yesterday to repair the problem with save as .flv file. I can now get flypaper to do that.

I have used a gallery template from flypaper (called realty gallery) - and to my understanding, it shoud measure more than 32 by 32 pixels. Yet, when I bring it into dreamweaver for uploading to a website, I have a flash that is 32 by 32. When I load it to the internet, I've got nothing. Please see my nothing in all its glory at www.baragar.net/marre_gallery

What step am I missing? Or is it a codec? Or a plug in?

I can create my own flash in Flash and deploy it to the web through Dreamweaver without problems.

Where am I going wrong in flypaper?
Photo of chelle3232


  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Vincent Serpico

Vincent Serpico, Official Rep

  • 221 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Jaime...

Flash's security settings are designed to lock down any locally running SWF by defaut. So you need to set your security for Adobe Flash to allow the .SWF file to run in MS Internet Explorer. Please follow the steps below:

1. Launch the .swf file as you normally would. You will have a blank IE page
2. Right mouse click in the blank page and click on "Settings"; an Adobe Flash Player Settings will appear
3. On the 'Privacy' tab, click on the "Advanced..." button; another webpage will appear
4. Under the "Settings Manager" click on the "Global Security Settings" tab
5. Click on the "Edit Locations" | "Add Location" | Browse for folder... or type in the location in the bar
a. if you click the "browse for folder..." you will be prompted to navigate to the desired location by navigating your system directory tree. Please review the example attached.
b. click "OK"
6. Close the Adobe webpage
7. The next problem you may run into is ActiveX control. Simply right click the "ActiveX" prompt & click "allow".

Now your .SWF file will run. Please let us know if this helps.

Vincent Serpico
Flypaper Studio