Foursquare has got a couple of awfully weird entities purporting to be in nation of Indonesia.
Here’s an two examples of these strange entities:
Interesting that they are both in Indonesia. Perhaps they were both user created, but somehow Foursquare didn’t understand Indonesian.
So, why on earth does this matter? Because, if you run a Google search for foursquare.com/mobile, these Indonesian entities come back as top search results!
Real World Repro Steps:
1. Navigate to www.google.com
2. Run a plausible (no, really, I did) search for Foursquare’s mobile site using the term “foursquare.com mobile”
3. Note that the enticing term “Join Foursquare to do that” appears in the search results
4. Note that the link associated with “Join Foursquare to do that” is a mysterious entity in Jakarta, Indonesia.
5. Name of mysterious entity is actually a URL with the actual term “foursquarecommobile” in it
6. Slap yourself in the forehead for reading this
Result: 2 bad Indonesian entities have url’s as name, side effect is that they are turning up prominently in google searches for foursquare’s mobile site.
Expected: Removal or name change for the above entities.
Note: See attached screenshots.
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.