Working from home

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Could anyone point me in the right direction for information on registering a small business working from home? What licences & insurance I may need, it's a food based business. I can't seem to find anything on the website.
Photo of Lisa


  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Andy Cain

Andy Cain, Employee

  • 191 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your question.

You will need to register your business with the food team.

Some useful guidance is available at - and details of registering with Fylde Council can be found at -

You also need to contact the planning team at and they will provide advice on whether you need to submit a change of use application - we can’t give that kind of specialist advice on the forum.

If you are planning building works then building control will also need to be contacted.

Insurance wise you need to contact you existing provider as you home insurance may not cover business use of your property.

Public liability insurance may be needed -

Hopefully the information above helps and points you in the right direction to make s start.

We will add this information to the website.