Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20120317 Firefox/14.0a1
Steps to reproduce:
1. In a new profile, install Ghostery 2.7.2 and the latest NoScript (currently 2.3.5rc6).
2. Enable GhostRank in Ghostery. Other options can remain unchanged.
3. Visit https://adblockplus.org/en/developmen...
The ABP page shows but does not jump to the anchor where the heading "How do I install/update development builds?" is.
I do not need to scroll to the desired part.
1. If GhostRank is disabled, the ABP page works as expected.
2. If I allow the scripts in ABP from NoScript, the page works as expected. This issue only affects NoScript-blocked sites.
3. This issue does not occur in Ghostery 2.7.1.
Thanks in advanced and thank you for this great extension.
Appears to be some kind of a NoScript vs Ghsotery issue?
When GhostRank is on, new version of Ghostery will collect page analytics: load time and number of ad spots. To determine the number of ad spots, I run the page through a retrieval code that iterates over page elements and compares them to what an should be: basically a size check for for an ad: is it 300 x 250? If yes, its an ad spot. So, part of that code checks actual CSS values by calling this:
v = doc.defaultView.getComputedStyle(el, null).getPropertyValue(prop);
for height and width. The value is returned to my code just fine, but it appears that the page stops processing after this when NoScript is installed. I'll try to determine what causes this in NoScript code, assuming it does something there... Stay tuned =)