Which Application: Adobe Air 0.0.9
Covering the more common problems first, then more of the "corner case crazies"
Problem: Need better feedback for what is wrong and right
How to Reproduce:
1) Enter your correct old password and then nothing on the other two lines: no message; first box blue second two red
2) Enter your correct old password and two matching single letter new passwords: no message; first box blue second two red
3) Enter your correct old password and two non-matching new passwords: no message'; first two boxes blue last red
4) Enter your correct old password and two matching new passwords: message that password has been successfully changed; all three boxes turn red
Expected Behavior: Clear messages telling me precisely what I have done wrong and a consistent color scene that helps me to visually see what I have done wrong. Blue: good; red: bad.
Problem: Above I indicated there were no message for error conditions. It does look like the hover over text is attempting to give a message: was not customized for all individual cases that I could discern and text difficult to read.
How to Reproduce:
1) Enter your correct old password and then nothing on the other two lines: no message; first box blue second two red.
2) Hover your mouse over one of the red text boxes
Expected Behavior: Customized messages (pop-up preferred when an issue occurs; e.g. hitting update and new passwords not matching) and readable hover text. That font in white on gray is just hard to read; maybe red to indicate error?
Problem: Can enter the same password for old password as well as new password
How to reproduce: Enter your old password on all three lines. No error.
Expected Behavior: Need to change old password to something new.
Problem: No limit to Password Text Box? I put a question mark on this as I am seeing a couple interesting things....and due to the asterisks I can't be certain what exactly is happening.
How to reproduce:
Ready to get on the crazy corner case train?
1) Grab some text and paste it on one of the lines over and over. Text seems to wrap around and write over the first set of asterisks after a while. They will wrap around several times.
1) Grab a whole lot of text in a copy (I went to the first few paragraphs of Alice in Wonderland on gutenberg) and then paste it in both of the new password lines. There seemed to be no wrapping as in the case above and the password check took it. On a somewhat shorter re-check it did seem to be taking a LONG string just fine... I don't think this is the behavior you want?
Expected Behavior: I think you probably want to be an upper limit on passwords. Maybe 30 characters? How did the long strings do on the server side of things?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Adobe Air: Various Password Issues.