We regret the inconvenience to our customers, but we could not justify continuing within the terms of the agreement.
What does this mean for the app I bought?
- It will no longer be available for purchase in the app store in its current form
- It will still function on your iPad, but if you uninstall it, there will be no way to get it back unless you have explicitly backed it up to iTunes
- If you ask for help on our support site, we will gladly answer your questions and assist you with the current functionality of the viewer, but we cannot release updates to address any crashes, nor can we add new features
What does this mean for Hachisoft Corporation?
By terminating the agreement with The Skins Factory:
- We no longer have permission to develop, distribute, and/or promote an app named "Zen Viewer", and have reverted to nominative fair use when referencing the name
- We no longer have permission to use the "User Interface" produced and copyrighted by The Skins Factory (skins, icons, promotional materials, etc.)
- We retain our exclusive rights to the code that was developed in the process, and can make use of it in any way we see fit
What does this mean for future incarnations of Zen Viewer?
- They will not be developed by Hachisoft Corporation
- They will not include our code
- They will need to be re-written from scratch in order to perform the same feature set
- We will not be supporting these apps, and will not have any involvement whatsoever with them
All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective trademark owners.