Twitter update problem followed by inability to correct on website

  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Hi, yesterday I updated my Hello Bar via Twitter and the Hello Bar showed
the link and link text properly but no message, just "...".

Today, I tried to correct it on the website and nothing is changed even tho I saved what should be the correct information.
Photo of jus75tinJ

jus75tin

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • puzzled

Posted 5 years ago

  • 3
Photo of jus75tinJ

jus75tin

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I disabled Allow Twitter Updates and this has fixed the problem, so I suppose the question is: Does the update via twitter function work ok at the moment?
Photo of Dave

Dave, Official Rep

  • 366 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hey jus75tin, thanks for posting the bug report on this. This feature is one we're still hammering out. We are currently only using the Twitter search API, so its a bit difficult to troubleshoot as the search API is curated and a little delayed even. We plan on moving to an OAuth model in the future.

I'll look into the issue you're experiencing and see whats going on there and keep you posted.
Photo of Dave

Dave, Official Rep

  • 366 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hey jus75tin, I think I may have figured out what was preventing the text from showing up for the Twitter update and uploaded a change. Please let me know if you are still experiencing the "..." problem.
Photo of jus75tinJ

jus75tin

  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Dave for the reply. I don't update too often but I'll let you know how how it goes.