- Apple devices: All you need to do is delete the app from your device.
- Blackberry devices: You need to download BlackBerry Desktop Software to remove apps. Once desktop softare is downloaded to your computer, follow instructions to remove HeyWire. Go to Options > Applications > HeyWire > Delete, a reboot will be required after.
- Android devices: The user must go to Settings > Appllications > Manage Applications > click on the desired application > and click Uninstall
Your HeyWire acount will remain active on our servers for a period of time if you ever choose to use HeyWire again. If after a period of time the account remains unactive, HeyWire will automatically remove and recycle the HeyWire number.
If you have a new device that came with a previously existing HeyWire account, we cannot remove the account without verification that you are the device owner. In order to verify you are the owner, please follow the steps below:
- Apple devices: Download the FREE app called UDID+. When you open the app, it will pull necessary device information. The app will give you the option to email the information.
- Blackberry devices: We need your BlackBerry PIN found in the About menu.
- Android devices: Download the "ID" app in the Android marketplace. Upon app launch, the user will be presented with their Android ID - This is the ID we need to verify your device.
Email this data to email@example.com. HOWEVER, BE SURE TO ADD to the email that you would like to remove the account, and the reasons why.
We can then look up your unique identifier to verify the device, and remove the account completely from our system.