If you have two different name pages, you can merge the two. Transferring individual credits don't work. If the two names are not similar you would need to provide documentation in the box provided for the explanation for the merge.
Please read this topic on merging two names.
Merging a Name
Please only submit a name merge if you are sure that all data on both name pages belong to the same person. If data is mixed up you'll need to move each item separately (for help with this process we recommend you reach out to us through the contact form and choose the options IMDb Fan/Contributor questions > Names & biographical Data > Merge duplicate names followed by E-mail and our staff will do their best to help out. Please include any URL's you're looking to merge.
If a name page looks empty and you think a dupe page was created incorrectly, merging is the preferred way to get rid of the empty name. IMPORTANT: A name page can only be considered 'empty' if it does not contain any bio, credits, performer profile, photos or Contact data - some of which you cannot see or access unless you are an IMDb Pro subscriber. If you don't have Pro, check for a More at IMDb Pro section - if a name page has links to Contact Info or Clients etc, the page isn't empty and you shouldn't merge it.
If you're sure all data belongs to the same person or that the name page is completely empty, before submitting a name merge you'll need to determine which name is correct, or which is to be the "primary name".
- If a person has worked under two or more names, their primary name should be the one used most often, unless they have chosen to use a particular name for all work in the future.
- In this case, let's assume the primary name is X. You would go to the listing for name Y (the incorrect or less common name) and click Edit Page.
- Choose Name Correction or Merge from the list of options
- Enter name X in the box, in reversed form (i.e. Doe, John). If there is more than one person with the same name, be sure to include the proper Roman numeral (i.e., "Doe, John (I)" ).
- If person X also used name Y in some credits, you should leave the Preserve previous name on existing credits check box underneath ticked. If name Y was a typo and did not appear on screen, or you are correcting a mis-transliteration, untick the check box. Include an explanation in the box provided.
- You'll see a warning that you are combining two names. Since that is what you wanted to do, you should check the box acknowledging the warning. If you've unticked the Preserve previous name on existing credits check box you'll also need to acknowledge that you know what you're doing. The rest of the process proceeds as normal.
Please note that the updates may happen in stages, which can mean that some credits may disappear for a day or two while the merge is being processed.
This does not help me. I do not need to merge two names. I need a previous name removed that is attributed to my account. The page is already together, but it's listing my projects by saying (as.....) instead of just listing them how they should be credited. If you are confused, please read my original post again in full.
I can see that all the credits are currently listed on your page under "Freebird Deem". Concerning your recent submission, our editors were unable to accept the changes because they were unable to verify the information and further evidence will be required.
If you are able to locate the films and get screen grabs of your name as it is featured on-screen for those titles, please post the screen grabs here and our staff can take another look.
Seeing as the listed films were amateur projects created by fellow middle schoolers at the time, there's nothing I can provide you. Like I said, if you want to have inaccurate and false information listed, then that's against what you claim. I'm telling you as someone that is friends with the directors of all those past credits and as someone that worked on them. I even have a director's assistant credit listed, so that should be enough evidence that I am providing accurate information. On another note, Freebird Deem, isn't even accurate in itself. My SAG-AFTRA name is just "Freebird," and will only be credited under Freebird for all future projects. There's another page under Freebird though, so there was no way to get rid of the last name without merging the other artist's credits with mine.
Concerning the credits, unfortunately, without further verification we cannot make the credit changes you requested. If you are able to locate evidence please follow the instructions on the following guide: https://help.imdb.com/article/contribution/contribution-information/how-can-i-submit-additional-veri...#
With regard to your name listing on the site, I can make the name change to "Freebird" for you, however, before doing so, can you clarify if the existing page under "Freebird" belongs to you or someone else?
The projects themselves credit me as my stage name even back then. I was never credited under my previous legal name.Sorry, but that's not entirely true:
Are you able to separate the credits under Ashley to a separate page as well? Because that is not me, nor was it ever me credit wise, so they should be on a page unassociated with my actual name.I'm sorry again, but that's clearly you, so a separate page can't be created... 's longstanding policy is "one page per person only".