I am sympathetic to your problem.
LuvsToResearch, other IMDb champions, and I are simply knowledgeable users of IMDb. We do not set IMDb policy and cannot grant waivers to that policy. As LuvsToResearch and others can attest, many people have attempted over the years to have their birth date removed. All have failed except for representatives of minor children.
Here are IMDb's guidelines regarding Date of Birth/Date of Death:
In the majority of states in the United States, such as the State of California, authorized copies of vital records can only be obtained by the individual named on the record, parents of the individual named on the record, and certain other individuals or entities specified in law. All other requestors can only obtain informational copies. All copies issued are “certified copies.”
- We do not remove valid dates of birth/dates of death, so please do not submit deletions.
- The place of birth should be in the same form as a location in the locations list, with the city (if applicable) and country, plus whatever other subdivisions are appropriate for the country (e.g., state - examples: Los Angeles, California, USA; London, England, UK, etc.)
- The place of birth/death should reflect the political divisions at the time. In cases where divisions or place names have changed over time, it is acceptable to show the current place names within [square brackets]. If the name of the birth place has changed, list the new name as [now ...] e.g. here. If the territory of the birth place has changed, list the name of the current territory as [now in...] e.g. here.
- A list of the locations currently being used can be displayed by clicking on the gray list icon ( ) next to the place field.
- We do not consider Wikipedia (or other collaboratively edited wiki-style sites) to be an acceptable source for birth dates. However, many Wikipedia articles include online citations and external links which provide supporting evidence of the subject's birth date, and these are often appropriate URLs to include in your submission.
- If submitting a date of birth for a minor under 18 years of age, you must include a URL confirming the year of birth. We will no longer accept DOBs for minors without supporting evidence.
- We do hold some BC/BCE birth and death dates, but at the moment it’s not possible to add this type of data through our submissions system. If you have data like this that you wish to add, please contact us via the Helpdesk and we’ll be happy to assist.
Unfortunately, informational copies of your birth certificate are easy to obtain as are birth announcements in news papers. In effect your birth date is a public record.
Informational CopyMuch of the data on IMDb are crowd sourced. As such, IMDb allows anyone to submit birth dates so long as they can provide proof that they are correct.
If you cannot obtain an authorized copy under California law, you can obtain an informational copy. An informational copy contains the same information as an authorized copy, but will have a legend across the face with the statement "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY." Authorized and informational copies are both “certified copies.”
"... On February 6, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals will stream oral arguments
in the appeal of the actress who sued IMDb for revealing her age. ..."
The article was found via Google News search (keyword "imdb") in December.