I tried to disconnect the spotify from last.fm and return but it still didn't work.
What can I do?
I made a second last.fm account to see if it was a problem with last.fm or with spotify, and the new account received the scrobbles from spotify.
Here is a list of troubleshooting methods I have tried:
Disconnect and reconnect spotify from my last.fm account
Delete the spotify app
Clear browser cache
Turn spotify to private mode then back to public
Delete last.fm api in the account settings
After doing all of this I am still not able to receive scrobbles on my primary account.
Ok, first, make sure you've disconnected the second Last.fm account from your spotify, as you won't be able to connect your main account to it otherwise.
- Once you've done that go to your Last.fm account settings, and disconnect Spotify: https://www.last.fm/settings/applications
- Next, go to your Spotify settings and disconnect anything related to last.fm: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/apps/
- Now go here and choose sign out everywhere: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ (this will sign you out of everything so make sure you have your spotify password handy)
- You might have to wait a bit - I'd give it 15 mins at least
- Now log in to the Spotify desktop app as normal
- Now connect your Last.fm account to spotify here: https://www.last.fm/settings/applications
- Stream a track to verify that it's scrobbling again
(I should add that I played a few songs on the last.fm site itself and scrobbled from Windows media player in this time with no issues, just seemed to be Spotify)
Songs I play through spotify are no longer showing up as scrobbling. They don't even appear as 'now listening'. I have tried updating my spotify, disallowing and reallowing last.fm access to spotify, reinstalling spotify etc, none of it seems to work. I have downloaded the desktop scrobbler app and that works just fine but spotify wont work.
Can you please first try the following:
- Disconnect Spotify from your application settings
- Close your Spotify client
- Log out of Spotify (use 'sign out everywhere', from this page)
- Then reconnect from https://www.last.fm/settings/applications, restart Spotify, and login.
If you're still having issues, then please let us know:
- Your Last.fm username.
The version number of the Spotify app(s) you're using.
- The device / operating system version you're using.
Scrobbling for me hasn't worked for about five hours. A couple of tracks showed up (duplicated) four hours ago, but that's it. I read that a similar issue a few hours ago was supposedly fixed but not for me (neither in the recent tracks list or appearing as 'playing now').
I'm playing music from Spotify to a Sonos system. It was working just fine until five hours ago. My username is number1alien.
After following the steps defined by Jon, I still have a problem scrobbling from the Spotify web player and Spotify mobile app. However, I can scrobble by using the Sonos mobile app.
I usually use (and would prefer to use) the web player and not the Sonos app.
Last.fm user: tojomofo
Spotify mobile app version: 220.127.116.116
phone device: pixel 2
desktop device: Google Pixelbook: GA00122-US: OS: Version 77.0.3865.63
*Scrobble from web player disappears. After the song finished playing on the Spotify web player the track was not logged.