Error A0000009 When Uploading A Large Synth

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
I created a large synth using Microsoft Image Composition Editor. When I try to upload it using Photosynth, I get the error A0000009 immediately after clicking "upload". It lets me retry it, but I keep getting the same error.

The first time I tried to create the synth, Microsoft ICE reported that it ran out of memory at 40%. However, when I restarted it, I was able to complete the synth in ICE. I am running Windows 7 and I have confirmed through Windows Task Manager that I have plenty of memory available when the tasks are running.

PSWebClient version 2.110.317.1042
Target: x86 OMP
Running on Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Wow64: no
Processor: architecture 0 family 6 model 15 stepping 13
Number of processors: 2
Memory available: physical 3063 MB virtual 2047 MB
14:18:02 VtApp: Setting service URL to http://photosynth.net/photosynthws/Ph...
14:18:02 VtApp: Start the new pano
exception CollectionUploader.cpp(107) hr(0xA0000009)
14:18:02 VtApp: FAILED: 0xA0000009
Photo of Bill Barnum

Bill Barnum

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Nathanael Lawrence

Nathanael Lawrence

  • 795 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Hi, Bill,

The error code you're hitting means that there is trouble communicating with the website server. This is due to today's scheduled downtime as Photosynth moves their website to Windows Azure's hosting.

You can read more information here on their web log.

Also, check in on their Twitter feed for realtime updates.

Bottom line: If all goes as planned, you should be able to upload your panorama later tonight.
Photo of David Gedye

David Gedye, Principal Group Manager

  • 176 Posts
  • 78 Reply Likes
Nathanael is correct. Our upgrade is going well and you should be able to try again in another hour or so, but watch the twitter feed or the blog post for updates.

David.
Photo of Nathanael Lawrence

Nathanael Lawrence

  • 795 Posts
  • 55 Reply Likes
Bill,

David has posted an update on Photosynth's web log saying that everything should be operational again.