Setup (Video on CNET)
- After install Mouse without Borders, you will see a Setup dialog. You can also bring up this dialog anytime by clicking on the Mouse without Borders system tray icon on the taskbar.
- In the first machine, click NO on the first dialog. It will brings you to the second dialog where you see the security code and machine name. Keep the dialog open and go to the second machine.
- In the second machine, click YES to the first dialog then enter the information that you got from the first machine.
- Click LINK to link the two machines, after the machines get connected you can simply move the mouse cursor from one machine to the other, keyboard input follows your mouse cursor to the other machine as well.
- After setting up your machines, you can bring up the Settings form by clicking on Mouse without Borders system tray icon or using the hot key Ctrl+Alt+M. Here you can drag/drop machine thumbnails to setup machine position and change other options
What to do when getting the "Timed out" error
- Make sure your machines are networked and can see each other. You can use the ping command to test the connection from one machine to the other.
- Verify that you type the machine name correctly.
- You may want to try out with a wired connection if your wireless connection is too weak.
- Make sure your firewall does not block the application. You can add the application to your firewall exception list. The app uses port 15101 and 15100 by default.
- Lock all machines at once
- Unlock all machines at once
- Change the TCP port
- Personalize logon screen using local pictures
- Firewall settings for Mouse without Borders
- If you have problems with the Setup dialogs, you may want to skip these dialogs by running this command as Admin (then restart the application):
reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MouseWithoutBorders /v !FirstRun /t REG_SZ /d 9/16/2011