- Total completed downloads: over 120,000 (counted from Microsoft download only)
- Users have used the tool to make over 30 millions machine switches (based on anonymous SQM data)
- Millions search results from bing and google
- Posted by TechNet, CNet, TechCrunch, Engadget, Seattle Times, PCMag, Channel 9, youtube, and many other sites
- Mouse without borders: sorry if posted elsewhere, i'm super lazy. this thing is fucking awesome. Microsoft download
- Ok, I'll throw my hat in with everyone else who thinks that Mouse without Borders rocks. I'm using it now; very groovy:
- This program looks amazing... Thanks, Wheat! RT ***: BLOG: 2 PC Casting Setup - Chapter 6: Mouse Without Borders
- Just installed "Mouse without Borders." Absolutely AWESOME. http://bit.ly/noQDcP -> +1, love it on my laptop and home desktop.
- Mouse without Borders is amazing! A must download for people with multiple machines on their desk
- Mouse without Borders is surprisingly useful if you're using two Windows PCs
- Installed Microsoft Garage app "Mouse without Borders" to share mouse/keyboard across 2 PCs - seamless and awesome!
- Mouse without Borders is definitely toward the top of my list of favorite software apps of the year. Very useful.
- Mouse Without Borders: I know this was mentioned the other day on the Dream Office set up, but I thought I would...
- you using mouse without borders yet? its MS Garage project. No KVM needed, just two networked PCs.
- Mouse without borders (http://bit.ly/pWHxM6 ) + Win 7 home groups = day full of awesome + much more open office desk :)
- *** says of Mouse Without Borders, "That's weird. That's wrong."
- Okay, I REALLY like Microsoft's The Garage project "Mouse Without Borders". Perfect for a dual laptop environment
- Dear lord this thing is amazing. Mouse Without Borders is a lot more stable
- 1 keyboard, mouse and speaker for 2 computers, with screen connected, hell yeaaaa. Thanks to Mouse without Border
- Loving Mouse without Borders for controlling up to 4 computers with a single mouse / keyboard, very handy :)
- Just got a chance to try MS's Mouse Without Borders project. Need to fine a place for my other laptop too. So fricken cool!
- Thanks to *** for the Mice Without Borders tweet...great app...don't know how I worked without it
- It turns out Mouse Without Borders does support keyboard function. :D
- Mouse without Borders is just WOOWWWW!
- I love my monitor. Two different display sources side by side; laptop on left, desktop on right; Mouse Without Borders making them seamless
- Mouse Without Borders: One of the best things i've seen in my entire life.
- Microsoft Garage, I draw my hat before you. MouseWithoutBorders is just one of the most awesomest things.
- Mouse without Borders - How did i not find this earlier...what a brilliant piece of kit!
- Wow! Life changing Microsoft download: Mouse Without Borders! Oh, little program, where've you been all my life?
- Mouse Without Borders: Where have you been hiding all this time? Working my home theatre system is SOO easy with it.
- Mouse speed differs in X and Y directions with a remote machine having multiple monitors or different screen orientation.
- Hotkey to toggle Easy mouse
- Font 'Segoe UI' does not support style 'Regular'.
- Mouse without Borders is not set to start as Local System account in some XP machines.
- Option to center mouse cursor when switching machine.
- Desktop shortcut.
- The app does not work with .NET 2.0 version lower than SP2
The tool cannot last without support from users! So thanks to all of you!
Our apologies to whom we were unable to follow your problems on setting up and using the tool. Since this is a side project so our support time is limited and we can only spend time on some issues that affect a significant number of users.
We are reaching 1.5 millions downloads, counted only from Microsoft Download Center. The file may get redistributed so we can round it up to 2 millions downloads!!
In the last few month, the average download rate is one every minute!
Special thanks to every user!!!
Your feedback/bug reporting is important! And your praise is important too, a random comment from twitter like this one did give us some motivation working on the tool:
There are many interesting facts about the tool, for example, the very first version of the tool released internally was back in June 2008 with only 34 downloads totally. And here is its User Interface:
Surprisingly, this very first version still works fine in Windows 10! Curious users can give it a try here - http://1drv.ms/1O97cTH (single file, no installation needed).
And the latest and greatest version has just been published to Microsoft Download Center - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35460