EMPLOYEEI’m confident0Guessing from your very vague problem description it sounds like your SMTP Server maybe blocking them or your recipients email server may be blocking the, please try:
If that doesn't help:
We need more information in order for the community to help you further.
Provide lots of details about your problem In the description of your problem
1. list your mail service provider (e.g. gmail, hotmail, comcast, etc)
2. email protocol (POP or IMAP)
3. your outgoing SMTP outgoing email server provider e.g Verizon, gmail, hotmail
4. operating system (Windows XP/Vista, Mac OS X, Linux, etc), Thunderbird version
5. add-ons/extensions you have installed
6. what you did (a detailed, succinct numbered list NOT long descriptive paragraphs
COPY this example and modify as needed), what happened (including exact error messages) and what you expected.
The more information you can provide, the better the community can help you.
I'm having this problem also, emails sent fine using windows mail and outlook 2007.
1. godaddy (secureserver.net)
2. Identical SMTP Settings.
3. godaddy smtpout.secureserver.net
5. account colors, attachment extractor, google contacts, minimizetotray plus
6. attached a small .doc to email, tried to send. email is labaled as "sent" in the Sent folder. Tried multiple addresses also.
I am having much the same problem-
My ISP is videotron [Quebec]
SMTP is relais.videotron.ca
OS is XP
I can send/recieve emails-
I can receive attachments
I cannot send even small attachments-
Timing out does not seem to be the problem-
All emails with attachments are marked as sent but do not arrive
I have the same issue. I had tried some things I found on the net and no luck. I used to get the SMTP time out message but now after making those changes it just hangs. Come on Mozzilla, what ever you did in your last updates has screwed us up.
I am running Win 7 64 bit . I can receive attachments. I can receive and send emails. But if I put an attachment on the email, or in line it never sends it.
Come on you know you have a problem so get to fixing it!
I think I may have found a solution that works [it actually came from another post by Roland for a different topic]-
I went to tools/options/security and deleted my SMTP password under saved passwords
The next time I sent an email- I re-entered my SMTP password and presto the attachments seem to be able to pass through no problem
I can't really offer any further explanation other than it seems to work now-
This reply was removed.
see the change log