i switch from foxmail 5.0 to thunderbird. how can i import mailbox fromo foxmail ?
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
CHAMP0I don't think Thunderbird can import Foxmail mailboxes or address books directly. There were some posts in the MozillaZine forum a couple of years ago, regarding importing the address book; see:
As for the email, the mailbox format used by Foxmail is ALMOST 'mbox' format. If it were, Thunderbird could import it. According to the author of a program to convert mbox files, the "From " line that would normally be in an 'mbox' file (to denote the start of a new message) is replaced by a string of ASCII characters; see "Foxmail" under "Background information about the mbox format" at the 'mbx2eml' site (see link below). If you can figure out a way to replace the "ASCII string" with a valid 'mbox' "From " line, Thunderbird should be able to import it.
Here's the link to the 'mbx2eml' site:
Thank you for your reply. While I have not yet used the mbx2eml software, it appears it is appropriate for my application. According to the text there, "mbx2eml recognizes these mailbox files [Foxmail with the ASCII characters] automatically, and can process them as well."
My purpose is to escape the horrid Vista and move to Linux. I am not aware of a Linux version of Foxmail.
I found a very good solution:
1) Convert Fox mailbox with box2fox (download at http://www.foxmail4u.de/dloads.html)
2) Add this extension to Thunderbird => http://www.nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmo...
To install the extension, follow this procedure:
- download the xpi file that you find in this page or in their homepage, right clicking on the link and choosing "Save target as";
- in Thunderbird, go in "Tools" --> "Addons" (or "Extensions") and click on "Install";
- pick the xpi file you downloaded and follow the instructions;
- restart Thunderbird.
3) In Thunderbird, select Tools-> ImportExportTools -> Import (choose your option)
Fast & accurate conversion.