I'ld love to adjust the "most popular rating" display.
For example being able to :
* set the title that will be displayed
* setting the text in a color of your own choosing
* replacing "the number of people that have viewed it" from a text display to "an icon of a (color customizable) star with the average rating and a (color customizable) user(s) icon with the average votes"
* the ability to swap the link and the rating information
* the number of items to be displayed
* the ability to make only items that have some labels/tags in common.display underneath the posts
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
Thanks for sharing your ideas and sorry for the slow response!
We actually do have some of the controls you have suggested. Currently, these can only be changed in the backend. We do plan to make these available for everyone.
In the meantime, I'd be happy to change some of these controls for your blog in the backend. Please email me at amit[at]outbrain[dot]com.
The outbrain team
Better late then never I'ld say ;-)
Added a little drawing to illustrate my viewing preference.
Which I tweaked a little since then.
Being able to turn the rating widget in a "vote up or down" option would also be interesting. With just the 2 choices instead of the current 10 (counting the 0,5).
Perhaps you could also alter the colour of the star(s) based on the rating they represent using 2 (like black and white) or 3 (like green, orange and red) main colours. That displays the level of interest people have towards those topics, through the gradient of those colours.