Pandion crashes or signs out and back in from conference rooms continuously.
Pandion is very sensitive to custom Avatars for use within conference rooms.
It's glitchy and has a hard time with custom images due to 3 reasons:
1 - the images usually end up being saved in a seperate folder/location
2 - the images need to be smaller than 8kb
3 - all images HAVE to be 62 pixels by 62 pixel in size (or less)
* you'll notice ALL installed Avatars are exactly 62 by 62
* the non-extension files can be viewed with 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer')
- Save your own custom images to 62 pixels squared or smaller
* don't need any fancy tools. Can be done with Paint
* this resizing usually makes it less than 8kb anyway (but double-check incase)
- Then copy or move the file into the Avatar folder:
* usually: C:/Program Files/Pandion/Avatar
You'll notice that all the files in the Avatar folder don't have file extensions (.bmp, .jpg, etc). Do this to your files if your Windows is set to show file extensions. If you can't, don't worry about it! It shouldn't be a problem.
Name your file whatever you want. You can even rename the pre-installed avatars and it won't cause any issues!
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
This reply was removed on 2011-10-15.
see the change log