working". I re-installed and still had the same message. I am running Window 10. Can anyone help?unable to open Quicken 2016
Quicken crashes at start?
Please try this:
With Quicken closed, use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file, e.g., from QDATA.QDF to QDATAX.QDF
Having done that start Quicken.
If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.
If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
- click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
- If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. http://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-restore-quicken-data-file-backup-file
If you can't get Quicken to start at all,
- uninstall Quicken using this
- When done, reboot your computer and then reinstall Quicken from your CD (or saved downloaded installation file) and allow it to update to the latest available patch release level.
2. moved to step two "If you can't get Quicken to start at all" - Same issue when Quicken loads it flashes and closes program.
3. I made a copy of my back up and renamed it and it opened in quicken. I followed the steps for file validation on my original file and after validation and repair when I opened it, it crashed.
4. I opened my copy of back up again and it was functional . performed a one step update and after update it also crashed .
5. I made another copy of my backup and it opens in quicken and is functional....as long as i don't use the one step update.
Thank you very much for the help but still desperately looking solution...this is very frustrating.