Why is my Fidelity download suddenly failing... date range invalid?

  • 1
  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old posts

Suddenly I am getting an error downloading Fidelity data into Quicken. No data is downloaded for those accounts. Non-Fidelity accounts download perfectly.

I have done this almost daily for years with no issues. There were no recent changes to the account or set up.

Error: OL-327-B.... date range invalid

I called Fidelity technical support. They said either:

(1) there is a transaction that is >24 months old that is hanging it up. (There isn't).

or

(2) I haven't downloaded in >24 months (Not true).

or

(3) Go to Online Center... cntl-shift and click "contact info". In the pop up... select "Reset DTSTART", then select the account(s) and change the date range to something within 24 months and click refresh. I tried this using 1/1/2014 and found (a) it did not provide a fix and (b) the date range I selected for an account was not persistent - when I went back to check it had the original date range.

So I am stuck!

Why won't Quicken download my Fidelity data? How do I fix it?

Photo of RedCab

RedCab

  • 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
  • 1
Photo of NotACPA - QW HBRP 2018

NotACPA - QW HBRP 2018, SuperUser

  • 356,494 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of RedCab

RedCab

  • 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
No, that didn't help. I don't have any recurring payments involving any of the accounts for which I'm seeing the "date out of range" error.  :-(    I'm stumped.
Photo of RedCab

RedCab

  • 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Problem solved... which I'll document for some future frustrated person.

I have 10 Fidelity accounts that get updated at once. I went through each individually to "deactivate" the download, erase the institution name and then re-establish the download. One by one, looking for the culprit.

I finally hit upon the one account that was causing the problems. It was an account that was emptied but still open. Evidently after some period of time (about 10 months) Fidelity changed the status on this account so that it made the Quicken download fail. The problem was resolved by deactivating the download for that account in Quicken. Since it won't be used again I then hid it in Quicken. Done.
Photo of NotACPA - QW HBRP 2018

NotACPA - QW HBRP 2018, SuperUser

  • 356,494 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the update.  Since I deactivate accounts as soon as they're closed, it would have been a LONG time before I thought about "closed accounts".
I think that you could have gotten the same info by, in each Fido account, clicking the Gear icon above the right slider bar, and clicking "Update Transactions".  A bit easier route to the same end.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.