I have an 8 year old with social skills difficulties, and I have noticed that whenever we travel with her ipad that kids flock to her. It's been really good for her self esteem!
We need to work on sharing and taking turns (as do some of the kids coming to try the ipad). Can anyone recommend some apps that would be good for that? I'm thinking multiplayer games - but anything else that would re-enforce those without much adult intervention would be great way to turn waiting room time into learning time!
Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
Here's a list of multiplayer games that I have found to be helpful:
Family Games Fun HD
Hungry Hippos or Starving Gators
Toca Store & Toca Tea Party (more suited to younger kids)
The following apps offer audio and visual prompt to encourage taking turns. She can practice taking turns with a friend or with her iPad! The two last apps are FREE.
15. Memory Game: Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memor...
16. Memory Game Letters (spelling and phonics), Numbers, Shapes and Colors: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory...
17. Memory Game Spelling Words (Dolch's Spelling List and an option for customization): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory...
18. Memory Game: Addition http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory...
19. Memory Game: Division http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory...
20. Memory Game: Multiplication http://itunes.apple.com/app/memory-ga...
21. Memory Game: Subtraction http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/memory...
22. Spelling Words Card Matching Game FREE
23. Math Facts Express Card Matching Game FREE