The dashboard is a great idea, but it's a bit problematic when you start following a lot of people; after being away for 12 hours or so, I have a pages worth of items, and getting rid of them is going to take over 20 clicks. So, a couple of suggestions:
1) Settings to filter out certain types of activity completely; being able to have just tracks appear could be nice, for example.
2) Grouping for related activity; if there are several comments for the same track, it would make sense for them to appear as a single item
3) Having to click twice to remove an item is really annoying. I would get rid of the confirmation dialog, instead adding a kind of trash to be able to view items I've deleted. As well, I would like items to disappear automatically once I've clicked on them; as it is, I'm opening stuff in second tabs and then clicking to remove them right after
4) Add a play button on people's favorites! Also, it would be nice for the waveform to appear under the item playing, instead of having to click to the track's page. I like being able to listen to what people are talking about, but I also like being to skip forward during the track.
5) A button to delete everything on the page would be very nice, and would go a long way towards managing the clutter. That way I could just click though the items that interest me, then get rid of everything on the page in one shot.
EMPLOYEEI’m grateful0Great ideas mateo! Thanks!
1) This is coming soon. You'll be able to have a custom view as the default where you can choose exactly what you'd like to see. The custom view will then be the default view whenever you log in.
2) Hmm, right. Its tricky though since they're all listed based on when they were made rather then by which track they are on. However, if there are several comments after each other on the same track we could maybe group them together. Was that what you we're thinking? (adding it to out to-do list)
3) Soon coming! There'll be a setting for "never ask for confirmation" i.e. you'll be able to remove things without the confirmation overlay. Good point with the trash though. Will look into that.
4) Play button on favorites is also coming soon. The waveform idea sounds cool and I agree it would be great to be able to jump around in a track when playing it from a favoriting event. We might do this or have a separate player where you could always jump around in the track that's currently playing + cue up new tracks etc. Will have to wait a little while with that one though as it means changing quite a lot of things.
5) Ah ok. Should be easy. Will try to get that in to the next release or the one after that.
Thanks a lot for the great & detailed ideas! You should be able to see a lot of them being implemented within the next few weeks!
Hi , thanks for the quick response.
1) This is great. I'm ashamed to admit I've actually stopped following some people who were leaving to many comments because of the amount of notifications I was getting. It would be interested to be able to choose what event get shown per person, but that's probably more trouble than it's worth
2) No, I was really thinking of grouping all comments on a given track together, not just consecutive ones. I understand it's tricky, but I think the track being discussed is more important than the comments themselves, so having multiple comments show up for the same track is a bit redundant. This isn't too important though, especially if other changes are put into place to make things more manageable.
3) Great. Since this is an action that happens so often, the extra click makes a big difference. The trash would make it so that on the rare case you do change your mind, you can go back.
4) The waveform idea is to be able to do as much as possible without having to go to another page, reducing the number of clicks.
5) I think the request page on facebook is a good way to go about it, if you want some ideas..
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my comment. I'm really enjoying the site and I'm looking forward to seeing it evolve.
I'll surely have some more comments in the future!
With regard to the deletion of items from the dashboard, is there any chance of producing a "multi-delete" option. For example, every item could have a check-box of sorts, and so after checking all the items I want removed, I can then hit a big delete button that sends the instruction back to the server in one go.
I know this sounds similar to removing the confirmation dialog, but in reality, this still causes a server interaction for every item you want to delete. I would find it more convenient to batch my deletes.
I think it would be realy useful to set the following "type" just in that moment when you click to follow somebody. So if you click follow may there could appear a little menu with, for example "follow everything", "follow tracks only", "follow comments only" and so on.
This could help and later you dose'nt have to sort so much on the dashboard or if you may get to much comments of somebody you can change the "follow settings" to "tracks only" or anything.
What do you think?