This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This problem is solved, if you're having a similar issue, please open a new problem thread with details.
Sorry you're having problems getting Google to sync with springpad. The way we sych with Google is a little different from other services...
Here's how it should work:
After you have authorized springpad to access your Google account, try creating an Event in springpad. Then check your Google calendar to see if it is there. Currently, we create a calendar in Google labeled "springpad" and only Events are synched (not Tasks or Alarm). If you make changes to that Event in Google, you should see the changes reflected in springpad.
Similarly, when you try to add a Contact to a springpad, type the name of one of your Google contacts into the "search from the web" tab. You should see matching results that you can then add to your springpad.
If you've tried these things & are still having trouble, let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, we've had lots of requests for importing full address books & also synchronizing existing items from Google calendar and springpad... We'll consider both of those things for the future.
1. I select "Settings" from my home page, then "Servies", then "Authorize" in the Google row.
2. A new tab appears asking for my username and password for Google Accounts, which I enter.
3. I click on "Grant Access".
4. A simple text message quickly flashes saying "Google Registration Complete" and the tab closes.
5. I return to the Springpad tab and click on "Click here when you are done". The message changes to "Authorized Disable".
6. I select a notebook and create a new event (I don't think you can create a note without selecting a notebook or at least I don't see how). I cannot change the date. I can only create an event for today (other major issue).
7. I make sure the event has been created.
8. I open a new browser window and go to Google Calendar.
9. There is no new calendar under "My Calendars".
10. I click on "Settings" in the "My Calendars" section. Nothing.
11. I refresh the page. No change.
12. I repeat steps 1 through 11 above. No change. I've even tried logging out of everything and clearing the browser history and temp files. No dice.
I've also tried this with my Google account linked and unlinked under "Account Options". This does not appear to make a difference.
I use Chrome and it's up to date (9.0). The inability to change the date of the event is also a major pain. Perhaps I just don't see how I can change it. This whole thing is very frustrating. It's a feature that I would really like to use and would be extremely helpful. I don't understand why it works for some, but not all. Is there something in my Google Calendar setting that might affect this? Do I need to import the Springpad calendar? If so, how do I do this? Am I missing anything?
Thanks for your help.
Based on your description, after a event sync to google calendar.
The event should be edited from google calendar or Springpad.
The result after you edited it will be sync in each side.
But in my HTC Desire, only the event changed by Springpad will update to google calendar.
The edit content in Google Calendar won't sync back to Springpad.
What's wrong with the scenario?
I get the same problem here : changes made in Springpad appear on Google Calendar, but changes made in Google Calendar don't appear in Springpad.
The funny things is that Springpad get the track on the changed event.
For example :
- I create an event in Springpad on Monday.
- It appears in Google Calendar on Monday.
- I change this event from Monday to Tuesday in Google Calendar.
- In Springpad, event stays on Monday -> problem
- In Springpad, I change the event from Monday to Thursday. It changes in Google Calendar.
I don't know if you're planning to change this soon, or if you plan to sync all calendars directly in Springpad later.
Great app though, very beautiful and easy to use.