Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Old/out of date topic
Today we launched a new version of Springpad, available on the web, iPhone, iPad & Android. More details: http://springpad.com/blog/2012/04/the...
Check it out at: http://springpad.com
Unfortunately, there are a handful of issues that are impacting a number of you:
1. Notebook covers are showing 0 contents
This is a temporary issue with your accounts. Even though the cover shows zero, if you open the notebooks, you will see your data.
2. Attached notes & links are not showing up
Another temporary issues. All of your attached notes are safe & sound, don't worry! But, you should know that when they show up in the new Springpad, they will be comments.
Both of these issues are due to a huge job queue over on our servers. Once we get through the queue of upgrading everyone's accounts, these things will show up. I know it's frustrating, and I think you in advance for your patience. If you really can't wait to see your attached notes, send your username to email@example.com & she'll help you out.
While I have your attention, I thought I'd also address a common question we are hearing: "Where's All My Stuff?"
Yes, the navigation has changed a bit. Here's how to get to all of your stuff in Springpad:
Web: Click on My Notebooks, then you'll see
Here, I'd click on '1531 springs' to see all my stuff & '850 unfiled' to see the stuff that's not in a notebook.
iOS and Android: Tap on the 3 little lines in the top left corner to reveal the menu of notebooks, then scroll to the bottom to choose All My Stuff.
While there are definitely some issues, we wanted to be sure that you guys are aware of the new features that we built just for you! Please take a few minutes to read the latest post on our blog: http://springpad.com/blog/2012/04/we-...
Things we're working on right now (this very moment):
- Making your attachments show up
- Fixing backup
- Android crashes
- and a few more things...
If you are having issues accessing your account or are seeing sync errors, please send your account info to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help out!
Your attached notes will now show up as comments. We've still got a couple of improvements to make to comments... Namely, comments are not yet editable. Also, we're still ensuring that your attached files are showing up.
I wanted to share one more note about attachments/comments. Privacy is now controlled at the notebook-level. If a notebook is private, so are all its contents & their attachments/comments. Similarly, if a notebook is set to public, then all of its contents are also public.
- Backup should be working now (It's on the web under Settings, Services). If you are still seeing errors, please clear your cache & try again.
- Version 3.0.1 of the Android app is now available, which should fix most of the crashes you've been seeing.
Thanks for hanging in there, guys!
- Version 3.0.2 of the Android app is available now. Has fixed many crashes & added option for smaller notebooks icons
- The web will have smaller icons later today
- iOS app will have smaller notebook icons in the next version (out in about a week)
- We're working on making it easier to type in items like recipes very soon!
If you're having any of these issues, please send me a note at email@example.com:
- Can't run backup (be sure you've tried clearing cache first)
- Missing attached files or audio notes
Please include your username & a description of the problem. I'll do my best to get it fixed over the weekend!
Again, thanks for all of your help & patience!
Please know we are committed hearing your issues and putting in quick fixes for you! Since the update on Wednesday at 10am (ET), we have released 2 more versions of Android, put out 3 updates to the web & have submitted a new version of the iOS app for approval.
We'll get there! Thanks for all of your help & patience!
- Android version 3.0.3 is available now, fixing crashes on 7" tablets (and some other crashes), adding tags & making it easier to type in new things (of all types), added back homescreen shortcuts
- Attached files should now be available on the web (will be available on mobile soon), but they are a bit hard to find. You'll see them at the top of the page, then you'll need to select your chosen attachment & click on the big file icon to download it. We'll make it more obvious soon.
- Coming in a couple of hours: Clipper issues will be fixed on the web & iOS
A note about bookmarks & recipes on the mobile devices (or anything you've clipped from another website):
- Once you open these items, scroll down past the large photo to choose the "clickable" url. The url listed at the top, under the title is not clickable. We'll clean this up soon!
- Notebook covers showing 0 items
- Attached notes viewable as comments on all apps
- Attached files accessible on web app
- Attached files show on mobile apps as quicklinks
- Android: crashing on 7" tablets, crashing when sharing from other apps
- Android: adding tags
- Web & Android: create all types from scratch (without searching)
- Web & Android: Smaller notebook icons on home screen (coming to iOS soon)
- Backup (if you are still having issues, email me your username)
Still Broken and will be fixed soon:
- Comments not editable (all apps)
- Comments cannot be deleted on mobile apps
- iOS: Clipper issues
- iOS: Lots of crashes (v3.0.1 is awaiting approval from Apple)
- iOS: Hide completed in a notebook
- Android: International characters are garbled
- Android: Comments showing html
- Android: Checklist issues - hide completed & deleting items
- URL at top of bookmarks/recipes not clickable on mobile apps (the link at the bottom works, though)
We've got many more in our queue, but this is the list of those that have been reported here and those that are impacting the largest number of users.
We'll continue to post updates here & on our blog at http://springpad.com/blog/
Again, thanks for all of your patience & help,
We've been hard at work getting more bug fixes done today. You can expect an update to both the web app & Android app tomorrow. And maybe even the iOS app, too (if Apple smiles upon us with approval as we hope!) - We'll post more details then.
If you are having login, sync or backup issues, please send me your username with details - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for all of your help & patience.
One caveat - Any edits that you make to comments on the web will not show up on iOS unless you logout/login. That display issue should fixed be in v3.0.2 of the iOS app.
More fixes coming your way tomorrow...
- now showing source urls & quicklinks on bookmarks, products, etc
- url's in comments should be clickable
- clipper fixes on the web & iOS
There's still more to come...
We're expecting to release version 3.0.5 of the Android app tomorrow to resolve any sync issues & also get it working on Android OS 2.1.
Today, we released an update to the Android app (v3.0.5) that fixed sync issues, crashes on Android 2.1, text wrapping issues and checklist issues.
We also put out a fix to the web that repaired attached links that had gone missing, improved speed & reliability and fixed a privacy issue.
Unfortunately, Apple is still sitting on our update to the iOS app (v3.0.1), and we've got another one that's almost ready to submit behind that one!
There's more to come next week: I'll also be publishing a full list of what was reported, fixed, still open & planned (and I'll be closing this post out!)
Also, Jeff just published a blog post with some of the background on this release, issues we had & next steps... Check it out here: http://springpad.com/blog/2012/04/rec...
As always, if you are having an issue with your account, send me the details at email@example.com - I'll get you fixed up! Otherwise, have a fantastic weekend, the sun is shining here in Boston!
Fixed since 4/11:
- Issues with login using 3rd party apps
- 0 counts on notebook covers
- Photos on notebook covers not showing up
- Smaller notebook icons on all apps (option on web)
- Create a new item & it shows up twice in a new notebook
- Quicklinks & attached files/media not showing up
- Attached notes (now comments) not showing up
- Urls in comments not clickable
- HTML in comments (Android)
- International characters (Android)
- Performance of web clipper & iOS clipper
- Android & iOS app crashing
- Create any data type by typing it in, edit recipes
- Simplified creating a note (web only so far)
- Checklist issues on web
- Backup issues
- All attached links are now quicklinks
- "Drawer" of attached media is always open
- Edit/Delete checklist items (Android)
- Hide completed on web app
- Blank screen when login
- Filter activity to only show comments (web)
- Links to null attachments
- Thumbnails not showing up
- Browser latency when adding new items
- Back button on Android app should be bigger
- Bookmark descriptions are back (Android)
- View attached files in a new tab (web)
- Fixed missing audio files
- Line breaks in recipes & task descriptions
- Read more of notebook titles on Android (in v3.0.6)
- Sync issues on Android (in v3.0.6)
Fix in progress or planned (no specific order):
- Board issues
- Editable comments on mobile apps (done on web)
- Edit contact, place fields (all apps)
- Hide/show completed tasks & checklist items (iOS)
- Search while offline (iOS)
- Text running out of boxes (web)
- Quality of attached images while clipping
- Notebooks missing from iPad app (workaround is to logout, force-close & log back in)
- Adding back links to lots of useful movie sites (old movies only)
- Can't add tags via drag/drop (some browsers)
- Search comment contents
- Search contents of long notes (all apps)
- Update extensions
No fix planned, but we are open to hearing your thoughts:
- New notebooks don't have the board by default
- File to multiple notebooks when clip/spring
- File an existing note without opening it
- Attach images in comments
- Need to put http:// before a link to save a bookmark
- Chrome app no longer available offline
Phew, that's a lot! So, with this list published, I am closing this topic, which will prevent future comments or replies. All of the issues that are in progress, planned or not planned will be added to the forum in the coming days so that you can all follow along. They'll all be added to this tag: https://getsatisfaction.com/springpar...
And as always, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.