This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived
More search options would go a long way toward making the site more usable.
1. On the Your Connections page and on the Recommended Stumblers page, there needs to be a "search for a stumbler" option.
2. On the Recommended Channels page, there needs to be a "search for a channel" option.
3. On the Recommended Interests page, there needs to be a "search for an interest" option. This would be different from the "add an interest" option and would, for example, give me a listing of the most popular interests in Music, or Movies, or Books, so that I could go down the list and click "Follow" for those I like.
I am sure others will have more suggestions for about ways in which the current lack of navigation makes the site difficult to use.
- 155 Posts
- 40 Likes
- finding difficulties rather than what I'm actually looking for
Posted 2 years ago
1. On the Your Interests page, in addition to the A-Z now offered. Z-A would be wonderful, but being able to sort by frequency is essential.
2. On the Recommended Channels page, there needs to be an option to sort Channels alphabetically and by most recent. It's extremely frustrating to have to scan through so many pages to see what's new, especially since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the ordering of the channels in the lists as they exist now.
3. The A-Z sort of Followers on my profile and others' profiles needs to be made functional. In addition, the sort we now have in the "old SU" by longevity of account when viewing another stumbler's Followers is extremely helpful in determining the legitimacy of an account.
4. And if I can really dream, being able to sort my or anyone's Likes and Additions by most popular would be awesome.
This makes no sense whatsoever!!
When I want to change my interests, I want to both add and delete. I certainly don't want to have to jump back and forth between two different pages to have to do one thing: manage my interests.
Yet again, something that was simple and intuitive in the old interface has been made excruciatingly difficult in the new interface.
- 40 Posts
- 28 Likes
- 18 Posts
- 2 Likes
benadamx, Product Operations Manager
- 71 Posts
- 15 Likes
This particular thread leans more towards feature requests, though, and we probably won't be able to respond to that sort of thing until at least after the holidays.
That is very definitely helpful. But can it also please have a "Your Interests" sort as well, so we could see and remove current interests in the same place we add new interests, without having to click through every group one at a time to find them?
- 826 Posts
- 59 Likes
My suggestion is revert it back to how it was and THEN beta test it with the ideas of users
- 0 Posts
- 0 Likes
Even though you said that you are seeing the points I have raised here as feature requests rather than bugs per se, from my point of view these are all issues that contribute to making the new SU nonfunctional for users. Everything I have listed here contributes to the deep sense of despair I feel every time I visit the new SU and try to figure out how it is supposed to be used.
Now that "after the holidays" is here, are we going to see any action on these issues? Personally, I consider every one of these suggestions to be something that is essential to have implemented before any thought is given to removing the old SU and forcing us to use the new one.
- 6 Posts
- 1 Like
On the Firefox toolbar i can no longer access the 'Report this stumble as' menu, at all.
It's NOT GREYED OUT, i need to stress that, it simply doesn't respond when i hover over it with the mouse.
I've tried uninstalling all other add-ons to rule out compatibility issues, and i've made sure i'm using the latest version of the stumble toolbar, but to no avail.
So, any ideas ?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
'Report this stumble as' menu broken.
In the old SU, one of the features I found most useful was the tag cloud. It allowed me to do something fundamental to a social bookmarking site: easily find my old bookmarks. How can I do it now? How can I find something I bookmarked more than a year ago without clicking previous, previous, previous, previous until I reach it? "Search your likes" just takes me to sites I've never seen before.
Any suggestions appreciated. There's just too much useful stuff in my SU to shut it down, but without a way of navigating through it what's the point?
- 0 Posts
- 0 Likes
- In Progress
- In Progress
- 340 Conversations
- 32 Followers