Some locales are not working.

  • Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
TryAgain is not working for the following locales: es-ES, pt-BR, pt-PT and fr-FR.
That's because of incorrect encoding of these files:
- /install.rdf
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/es-ES/tryagain.dtd
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/es-ES/tryagain.properties
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/fr-FR/tryagain.dtd
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/fr-FR/tryagain.properties
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/pt-BR/tryagain.dtd
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/pt-BR/tryagain.properties
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/pt-PT/tryagain.dtd
- /chrome/tryagain.jar/locale/pt-PT/tryagain.properties

Some of those files are encoded as ANSI instead of UTF-8. Some files have mixed encoding, i.e., they have some lines encoded as ANSI and some other lines encoded as UTF-8.

I've uploaded a correction here: http://rapidshare.com/files/416745424... .

Could you please add that correction in the next version?

Thank you very much.
Photo of ojsweylgO

ojsweylg

  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

  • 3
Photo of Paul Lammertsma

Paul Lammertsma, Lead developer

  • 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I thought I might have been doing something wrong. I'll take a look this evening or later this weekend.
Photo of Paul Lammertsma

Paul Lammertsma, Lead developer

  • 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thanks for the fixed translation files. I've bundled them with the version on BabelZilla.
Photo of Paul Lammertsma

Paul Lammertsma, Lead developer

  • 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I've submitted version 3.4.1 that should contain locale fixes.

To make sure that this problem doesn't recur in future versions, could you please tell me how you can confirm that a file is UTF-8 formatted?
Photo of ojsweylgO

ojsweylg

  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
If you are on a Windows machine, you could use Notepad++.
Open each file on Notepad++, go to menu Encoding and see if Encode in UTF-8 without BOM is selected.
If it is not selected, then click on option Convert to UTF-8 without BOM and save the file.
Photo of city-zenC

city-zen

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Great! Version 3.4.1 is working :)
Thank you, Paul
There's only a tiny encoding error in the es-ES locale. I corrected it and uploaded the corrected version to SendSpace. I also created my own locale (es-AR) based on the es-ES locale, so you can include it in future versions of TryAgain.
By the way, I chose not to translate TryAgain's name for my locale. I think the add-on should be called the same in all locales, if possible. In case you disagree with my choice, you can edit the es-AR locale and replace the add-on's name with the one in the es-ES locale ("IntentarDeNuevo").
Here's the link for the compressed file containing both locales:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2jiilp
Photo of Paul Lammertsma

Paul Lammertsma, Lead developer

  • 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Great! Thank you very much; I've amended your changes to my working copy.

I have put TryAgain up on BabelZilla to allow for public translations. Your translation is already there, but doesn't have a translator associated with it. Feel free to grab that spot if you like.
Photo of Paul Lammertsma

Paul Lammertsma, Lead developer

  • 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Could you take another look to see if the latest version's locales are okay? I'm a bit new with the whole BabelZilla thing and might not have done everything correctly.

On submitting, I got some warnings that various strings were left untranslated. I'm not sure if the translators had intentionally left them blank or not.
Photo of ojsweylgO

ojsweylg

  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I reviewed the pt-BR locale and changed the following:

tryagain.dtd
options.repeat
en-US: Maximum tries:
pt-BR before: Máximo número de tentativas:
pt-BR after : Número máximo de tentativas:

tryagain.dtd
options.useauditing
en-US: Automatically check website status
pt-BR before: Automaticamente verificar o status do site
pt-BR after : Verificar automaticamente o status do site

tryagain.properties
text.if_at_first
en-US: If at first you don't succeed, try and...
pt-BR before: Se não funcionar de primeira, tenta e...
pt-BR after : Se não funcionar de primeira, tente e...

And TryAgain name is still translated in the file "install.rdf". It shouldn't be. The file "install.rdf" should be updated this way:

<em:locale>pt-BR</em:locale>
<em:name>TryAgain</em:name>
Before: <em:description>TenteDeNovo continua tentando carregar uma página quando o servidor não responde.</em:description>
After : <em:description>TryAgain continua tentando carregar uma página quando o servidor não responde.</em:description>

I also noticed that you included your ".svn" folders when you zipped the file "chrome\tryagain.xpi" and the file "tryagain-3.4.2-fx.xpi" itself. I think you shouldn't, because those ".svn" are only meaningful on your development environment and users don't need them.
Photo of city-zenC

city-zen

  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Paul, I've just installed TryAgain 3.4.2 and my locale (es-AR) seems to be OK. I've not checked all the strings but at least those that have been shown so far are OK.
Photo of Paul Lammertsma

Paul Lammertsma, Lead developer

  • 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thanks, ojsweylg! You're an excellent tester! I wish I had somebody like you on board my company's development team.

There was a typo in my build script; svn folders are now excluded.

I forgot to change the description tags. Checking them was very sharp of you! Presently Babelzilla is down (or so TryAgain is telling me), but I'll see if I can change the strings in the morning.